Before all, you need 1 piece of I2C_LCD, you can buy from here: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/I2CLCD-p-2467.htm...
1. You can download the I2C_LCD Library from here: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/images/e/ef/I2C_LC...
2. Download the I2C_LCD User Manual from here: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/images/7/74/I2C_LC...
3. Please download the Bitmap Converter according to your OS version:
How to install the library? please refer to the"How to use?"section of WIKI page: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/I2C_LCD
For more information about the usage of I2C_LCD, please refer to the I2C_LCD User Manual.
1. Unzip the"I2C_LCD-UserManual_EN.zip"and"BitmapConverter(For xxx).zip"you just download.
2. Running the Bitmap Converter software, click"Open"to browse and open"Tuzki_1.bmp";
(The"Tuzki_1.bmp" is under the directory"...\I2C_LCD-UserManual_EN\DemoCode\BitmapDisplay".)
3. Use the cutting tool to select the final desired image area, and then click"OK"as shown below;
Here we select the default area, click"OK"directly.
4. The Picture have been loaded into the editing area, you can use eraser, pencil and other tools to edit the bitmap or removal of burr pixels.
5. Then, click"Save As Code"button, select the path you want to save to, here is"...\I2C_LCD-UserManual_EN\DemoCode\BitmapDisplay".
1. Open"BitmapDisplay.ino"under the directory:"...\I2C_LCD-UserManual_EN\DemoCode\BitmapDisplay". Then declare the data packet("bmTuzki_1") at the beginning of the project like this:
2. Modify the bitmap display function, change the data packet pointer, and starting coordinates;
3. Save the code.
Connect the I2C_LCD to your Arduino board.
Because I2C_LCD is Grove interface module, We recommend you to use Seeeduino Lotus or other Seeeduino vx board.
If you use original Arduino board or others, please use the Electronic brick 4 pin to Grove 4 pin converter cable .
I2C_LCD is I2C interface module, so we connect it to the I2C bus-port of the board.
Select your board and COMx.
Upload the program to your board, and then enjoy yourself.
You can follow the steps above to display any other pictures or icons that what you like on the I2C_LCD.